Tips for Speed Dating
Tips for Speed Dating
Speed Dating in the UK can be an easy and fun way to meet single people in your area. However, to truly get the most out of the experience, it may require a little thought and attention to detail on the big night.
Advantages of Speed Dating
For singles wanting to meet new people, speed dating has lots of advantages: ...
i) You're guaranteed to meet at least 10 single people of the opposite sex
ii) Everyone is there for the same reason - to meet people
iii) Short 3 minute dates gives you enough time to get an initial impression of the person
iv) You don't have to give out personal contact details on the night, it's all done for you using emails.
However, to truly get the most out of the experience, it may require a little thought and attention to detail on the big night.
The do's and don'ts below are a quick guide on how to get the most out of your speed dating night out.
- Be Yourself! It may seem like a bright idea at the time to be the dolphin trainer, or the supermodel you always wanted to be, but first impressions last.
- If you like someone make sure you let them know (without going over the top!) It's a fast moving environment so a little flirting wouldn't go astray.
- Relax and have fun. Speed Dating is supposed to be a fun night out, not a trauma or an interview process for finding the love of your life. At best, regard it as a night of meeting new friends.
- Make an effort - speed dating is all about first impressions, so leave the comfort clothes at home, and wear something that makes you feel good!
- Stay safe - use the same safety principles as you would on any other night out - tell a friend where you will be, don't give out your home address too easily and be careful on your way home.
- Get rolling drunk!! Memory blanks, confessing undying love to everyone you've just met and spilling drinks all over yourself isn't gonna get the dates in!
- Talk about yourself too much - if you're nervous or think you'r running out questions, its easy to just start talking. Remember to ask questions and sound interested in the other person - thats what you're there for after all!
- Forget to fill out the Speed Dating score card as you go. Otherwise you may get to the end of the night and have no recollection who the hunk/chic with the great eyes was you wanted to tick.....
- Be fashionably late - this is one event where it pays to get there early and get your early markers in!
- Give out your personal details on the evening. Have a good time, but be sensible and keep your wits about you. After all, thats what the score cards are for - so why jump the gun?!
Most importantly, speed dating is about getting out there and meeting people - so do just that!
For more information, have a read of these articles:
What is Speed Dating?
Speed Dating - A Girl's Experience
Advice for Tackling Singles Events